Monday 25 August 2014

New Blog

This blog will now come to an end and be replaced by a new one which will unite my practice now that my degree is almost at an end (just the dissertation to do). Thank you for reading it and please see new blog which will start after the school holidays are over and I have finished clearing out my loft - a project put on hold for the last 4 years!

http://julieheaton.wordpress.com/2014/08/25/new-blog/

I am very excited because my embroidered drawing of The Bristol 2 Litre Engine will soon be in the September / October issue of Embroidery. I am also going to London tomorrow to take one of my prints to the Bristol car Showroom on Kensington High Street. I am hoping to sell giclee prints of the embroidered drawing which are half the size of the original engine and printed on fine art paper. Tonight I anxiously signed the first copy and hopefully more to follow. 

After visiting the show rooms I am going to the Imperial War Museum to research my next piece of work. I am interested in the lives of women in the First World War - someone who was widowed but not because her husband died a hero, but perhaps because he was a pacifist or a conscientious objector. I hope to find an object or photograph that will represent her story - one that I can draw in thread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment